Harper's Gardening Centre Ltd.
Garden Centre began, in 1948, as
a small farm owned by our founders, Bruce & Ruth Harper, after
Bruce returned from World War II. As our family grew so did the farm from
animals & produce to a small seasonal
garden centre. Bruce
was a perfectionist & we became known for excellence in quality gardening products and
services which we still strive for today.
In the 1970's, David Harper after graduating from Guelph University, joined Bruce & Ruth Harper and a major expansion began which continues today. When David retired in 2008 to begin a new career in Ottawa, Ontario growing organic vegetables, Craig & Nancy took over the reins in the day to day running of Harper's Garden Centre. As we enter the 21st century things sure have changed in retail for independent garden centres, but our commitment to QUALILTY, SERVICE & SELECTION has not wavered from our 1948 beginning.