Did you know...
- Ontario greenhouses are also working to preserve and enhance both the natural environment and renewable resources. Most Ontario greenhouses are state of the art and have implemented water recirculation programs.
- Why buy local? You are getting a fresher product. These plants and flowers are arriving in your home days after leaving the greenhouse, not weeks! This means, that you will be able to enjoy the beauty of these flowers much longer.
- When you pick Ontario, you are supporting the more than 250 greenhouse growers who employ approximately 10,000 people in our province.
- Over 50 varieties of fresh cut flowers and 150 varieties of potted plants are produced in Ontario's 54 million sq. ft. of greenhouses.
- Plants produce oxygen and reduce levels of certain pollutants in the environment. Houseplants are effective in keeping household air clean while gardens and green spaces have a positive impact on the environment in general.
- The gift of flowers is a way to show one's emotions, bringing oneself closer to friends and family.
- Around the home and workplace, flowers provide beautiful fragrance and a positive atmosphere.
- Being around flowers in the morning are proven to improve one's morning moods.
- People tend to care more about others and feel less stressed overall when time is spent around flowers.
- Flowers and plants filter the air which results in cleaner air for one to breathe. Just about everyone knows that plants are great for producing oxygen and contributing to the environment. But did you know that they can clinically reduce stress, fight colds, remove contaminants, and even stop headaches?
- People need tranquility and stress relief in today's busy world and flowers are a great way to brighten your surroundings and your mood. Many studies reveal that people feel more compassionate toward others, have less worry and anxiety, and feel less depressed when fresh flowers are present in the home.